The Ghana Health Service(GHS) has confirmed the seventh case of Coronavirus.
According to the GHS, the latest was recorded in the Greater Accra Region.
“The case-patient is a 35-year-old male, a Ghanaian citizen, who returned to Accra from France within the past 14 days,” the statement said.
In the statement, also showed that the latest case is also an imported one and is “being managed in isolation and he is in stable condition.”
Today’s revelation also provided details on the extent of contact-tracing undertaken so far following Sunday’s announcement.
“With regard to contact tracing, a total of 350 contacts have been identified and are being followed up,” it read.
The Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research and the Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research have tested 143 suspected cases for COVID-19 as of March 17, 2020.
At a press conference on March 15, to announce the four new cases discovered at the time, Dr. Badu Sarkodie said the cases were imported into the country.
Giving a breakdown of the new cases, Dr. Sarkodie said on Friday, March 13, 2020, the Ashanti and Greater Accra Regions recorded two new cases.