Liverpool former striker has been involved in an acrimonious bust-up with club president Massimo Cellino as he has been deserting the Serie A team’s return to training after coronavirus restrictions in Italy were eased.
Brescia offered Balotelli a consensual termination of Mario Balotelli’s contract at the club, but he rejected the proposal, and his lawyer Mattia Grassani has now received a letter confirming the player’s employment at the club is set to be terminated.
In May, Mario Balotelli was told to train on his own after failing a series of physical tests to which he had been subjected, and the situation escalated day after day.
The 29-year-old footballer has been absent from the team’s training sessions in the last few days and has sent the club a medical certificate proving he is suffering from gastroenteritis.
The matter is expected to be resolved by an independent arbitration panel with the player set to submit a claim of wrongful termination.
Balotelli signed for Brescia last August after his deal at Ligue 1 side Marseille ran out and scored five goals in 19 games for his boyhood club this season.
Cellino, the former Leeds owner, said last month that signing Balotelli last summer has been “a mistake”.
The Serie A season will resume on June 20, with bottom club Brescia set to travel to Fiorentina on June 22 in their first game.