Rebecca Chepchumba is a Kenyan former long-distance runner born on January 17, 1973, in Kabiemit, Kenya. She is known for her exceptional talent and numerous victories in local and international races. Here is a closer look at the life and career of Rebecca Chepchumba.
As of May 2023, Rebecca Chepchumba is 50 years old.
Rebecca Chepchumba’s net worth is estimated to be around $1 million. After retiring from competitive running in 2004, she established a thriving business in Kenya that sells and distributes athletic gear and equipment. Additionally, she is involved in community development projects in her hometown of Kabiemit.
Rebecca Chepchumba attended Kapsabet Girls’ High School in Kenya, where she honed her running skills and began participating in local races in the early 1990s.
Rebecca Chepchumba’s exceptional talent in long-distance running caught the attention of coaches and scouts, and she won numerous races in Kenya and worldwide. Her most notable achievements include winning the Boston Marathon in 1998, setting a course record, and winning the Chicago Marathon in 2002. Chepchumba finished second at the London Marathon in 2001 and 2003.
Rebecca Chepchumba recently married Kigen Moi, son of the former member of the Kenyan State, Gideon Moi. They got married in a private ceremony in Kericho County on May 6, 2023. Kigen Moi is a graduate of the University of Bristol and is the director of Sosian Energy Power Limited, which is involved in giving back to the community. He has donated motorbikes to boda boda associations in different parts of Baringo County to create job opportunities.
- Rebecca Chepchumba’s parents are from Kabiemit in Kenya, where she was born. She comes from a well-known family that has enjoyed a close relationship with the Moi family for many years.
- Despite her success, Rebecca Chepchumba retired from competitive running in 2004 to focus on her family and business ventures.
- Rebecca Chepchumba’s inspiring career serves as an inspiration to young athletes in Kenya and around the world.
- Rebecca Chepchumba is actively involved in community development projects in her hometown of Kabiemit.
- Kigen Moi’s mother is Zahra Moi, the wife of Gideon Moi, father of Kigen Moi. Zahra Moi is known for her remarkable beauty, empathy, commitment, and generosity in every facet of her life.
Leave a Reply