Database software is used to create, modify and maintain database files and records, which makes it easy to create files and records, enter data, modify data, update, and report. The software also handles data archiving, backup and reporting, multi-access control, and security. Stronger database security is especially important today as data theft becomes more common. Database software is also sometimes referred to as a “database management system” (DBMS).
What is a database management system (DBMS)?
A database usually requires full database software known as a database management system DBMS. A database management system acts as an interface between the database and its end-users or programs, allowing users to retrieve, update, and manage how database information is organized and optimized. The database management system also facilitates database monitoring and control, enabling a variety of administrative operations such as performance monitoring, optimization, backup, and restoration.
The most common databases are consistent between all respondents and professional developers and having that skillset sets your career to the next level. Below are 5 of the most popular and best Database Management System for your career in 2022.
MySQL is an open-source, SQL-based relational database management system. It has been designed and optimized for web applications and can run on any platform. With the emergence of new and different requirements with the Internet, MySQL has become the platform of choice for web developers and web applications. Designed to handle millions of queries and thousands of transactions, MySQL is a popular choice for e-commerce businesses. who have to manage multiple money transfers. Flexibility on demand is the main feature of MySQL.
MySQL is the DBMS behind some of the world’s best websites and web apps, including Airbnb, Uber, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- MySQL is a relational database management system(RDBMS). This database language is based on SQL queries to access and manage the records of the table.
- MySQL is free to use so that we can download it from MySQL official website without any cost.
- MySQL supports a large number of embedded applications, which makes MySQL very flexible.
- It can download, install, and execute on most of the available operating systems.
- Multi-model database and supports both structured data (SQL) and semi-structured data (JSON).
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open-source object-relational database system with over 30 years of active development that has earned it a strong reputation for reliability, feature robustness, and performance. It is one of the most popular databases supporting JSON (non-relational) queries and SQL for (relational) queries.PostgreSQL includes multiple features that are designed to help the developers in developing the applications, manage our data in the datasets, and managers can keep the data integrity, and create Risk-tolerant environments. Whenever the new release comes into the market, the PostgreSQL Global group of developers will enhance the previous features and add some new features based on the user’s demand.
- It is open-source, and we can easily download it from the official website of PostgreSQL.
- PostgreSQL runs on all major operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Linux, MacOS X, UNIX (AIX, BSD, HP-UX, SGI IRIX, Solaris, and Tru64), etc.
- It supports multiple programming interfaces such as C/C++, JAVA, Python, Perl, Ruby, Tcl, and ODBC (Open Database Connectivity).
- It offers more Advanced indexes liked partial Index, Bloom Filters. Also, creating an Index in PostgreSQL is non-blocking.
- PostgreSQL provides a robust access control system.
MongoDB is a cross-platform, document-oriented database that provides, high performance, high availability, and easy scalability. MongoDB works on the concept of collection and document. MongoDB is a No SQL database written in C++. MongoDB was built due to applications that require big data, flexible deployment, fast features, and data system competency.
- In MongoDB, you can search by field, range query and it also supports regular expression searches.
- You can index any field in a document.
- MongoDB can run over multiple servers. The data is duplicated to keep the system up and also keep its running condition in case of hardware failure.
- JSON data model with dynamic schemas
- Stores files of any size easily without complicating your stack.
Microsoft SQL Server
MS SQL Server is RDBMS database software, which is developed and marketed by Microsoft Corporation. The primary goal of this software is to store, retrieve, and access data requested by the developer from the same system or using a remote location. Currently, it is one of the leading commercial database Systems with excellent Tooling support from Microsoft.
MS SQL Server Features
- In MS SQL, we can use .Net, PHP, Ruby, Visual Basic, Java, VB, and Python programming languages.
- It is a multi-Model database supporting Structured Data (SQL), Semi-Structured Data(JSON), Spatial Data.
- MS SQL uses SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) interface tool.
- MS SQL Server has EC2 compliant along with state-of-the-art security features, and Microsoft Company itself privately owns this feature.
- MS SQL can work with more than one database at the same time.
Redis is a NoSQL database that follows the principle of key-value store. The key-value store provides the ability to store some data called a value, inside a key. Redis is a NoSQL database so it facilitates users to store a huge amount of data without the limitations of a Relational database. Redis server is used to store data in memory. It controls all types of management and forms the main part of the architecture.
- Redis supports various types of data structures such as strings, hashes, sets, lists, sorted sets with range queries, bitmaps, hyperloglogs and geospatial indexes with radius queries.
- Redis stores the whole dataset in primary memory which makes it extremely fast.
- Redis is written in ANSI C and works in most POSIX systems like Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, Solaris, and so on.
- Redis supports sharding.